About Me

My photo
Life is an adventure. Sometimes I yearn for boredom, yet it never comes. This is an account of my struggles & triumphs- my struggle to know God & understand the "why" behind it all. "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain" This is just me - learning to dance - sometimes gracefully, but most the time - stepping on my 2 left feet..

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mommy Pride

I am feeled with pride at the accomplishments of my oldest son this weekend.  While we have been in Arkansas, my son has been at Youth in Government Junior Assembly in Florida presenting his bill.  He presented it in 2 different committees and then it passed to the General Assembly where it was debated and then voted upon -- his bill was passed!  When I say "his bill" - I mean the bill he wrote and researched himself.  He also came in 2nd for the "Outstanding Statesman Award".  We have been texting back and forth all weekend in between sessions -- I'm so glad for technology - what did we ever do without it? 

My youngest son's pass went much better today.  We had no unexpected "plumbing problems" :) .  And his behavior yesterday was ....well let's just say less than desirable - it was much better today.  Structure is key to behavior for mentally ill children -- there wasn't much structure yesterday.  But that's part of learning -- life doesn't always hand us structure - no matter how hard we try.

We leave tomorrow.  We requested and were granted a breakfast pass.  I think this will be a nice note to leave on.

Thank you everyone for all your prayers - I appreciate them so much!

Dancing the Mommy Pride Dance,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment