About Me

My photo
Life is an adventure. Sometimes I yearn for boredom, yet it never comes. This is an account of my struggles & triumphs- my struggle to know God & understand the "why" behind it all. "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain" This is just me - learning to dance - sometimes gracefully, but most the time - stepping on my 2 left feet..

Monday, May 16, 2011

Feeling a Little Brave Today

I spoke to the children today & told them Mommy had been writing a blog -- they already knew.  They even knew the address, so no surprise there.  I have been a bit apprehensive to share my blog with everyone.  Do I really want to put my heart on display for all to see?, share my dirty laundry with everyone (as we use to say growing up),  & take the chance at being shunned yet once again?
The answer has been given to my prayers a little while ago - I just have been slowly getting into the water - easing myself in (write the blog - only tell a few people) before I jump right in.
Why would I want to share all our "dirt" with everyone?  Well the answer is really quite simple.  It is my desire for God to use our situation - It kind of makes it difficult for Him to do that if we keep everything a secret.  God has come through for us - time and time again - and yet we only tell a few select people.  This is my way of shouting from the rooftops God's unending love and mercy.  We live a very interesting life - we constantly have to rely on God - if our struggles can somehow help you with your struggles - then I guess that would be the "why" of being so open.
I believe mental illness touches many of our lives - but it is a very taboo subject -- especially in the church.  It makes us uncomfortable to talk about - because there doesn't seem to be any quick fixes.  But the fact of the matter is that Jesus died & rose for the mentally ill just as much as He died & rose for us. 
This is an account of one Christian family trying to stay "sane" in an "insane" situation.  It's just us learning to dance through the storms of life  -- I hope it will help you dance too - I hope you will decide to dance with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment