Wow - you guys must be praying for my family - Thank you. The last 24 hours have been bright.
We took my son back to the ER yesterday because of his pain level. They did some more tests and came back alternating the word tumor and the word cyst. I said "Which is it - a tumor or a cyst?" The doctor said "a cyst is a tumor" "Maybe technically - but not in my world -- tumor implies cancer." He studied me for a couple of seconds then said "This type of tumor is rarely malignant - the chances are miniscule." Relief flooded my soul. He then told me to follow up with the specialist. I explained our dilemma with both the insurance and trying to actually speak to a person at the doctor’s office - "I would like a follow-up scheduled through the ER please" He urged me just to go home and call until finally I said "I'm not leaving without follow-up care, even without cancer - my son is in a lot of pain" (I don't think he liked me much - I made him explain things to me that he just wanted to rattle off. That's what happens when you have another child with a lifelong disease -- you learn to expect understandable answers to your questions especially when you are accustomed to the wonderful pulmonologist my son has – she treats a parent with respect and doesn’t try to talk over our heads.) We were told the doctor was in surgery and would have to wait maybe a couple of hours." I told him that was fine. Much later a resident came in to talk to me (I guess doc didn't want me asking more questions J) and told me they had spoken to the surgeon and one of his residents would be calling me tomorrow as the clinic was already closed... and so we left. But left with the knowledge that my baby doesn't have cancer!!!!!
Another amazing thing has happened to us. Some friends of ours here in Arkansas, Amanda & Gabe, have offered to let us use their upstairs for the remainder of our stay. What an incredible gift - I was so overwhelmed when the offer was made and now my heart is just filled with gratitude. Paying the hotel bill while we have been here is like paying two mortgages for us (we still have to pay our mortgage back home)- it's been difficult to say the least (but isn't that the kind of thing we all are willing to do for our kids) - this will ease such a burden - I can't even begin to tell you.
And to add to everything else, my best friend Kellie called me yesterday to say she and her daughter were coming up to Arkansas to visit us - they will be here tonight -- I AM SO EXCITED! So is my daughter.
I’m allowed to call my son tonight in residential – I’m hoping things are going as well in that part of our lives too.
So the wind is definitely blowing in a different direction - I'm not as tired today. The storm is turning from a chilling one to a warm summer rain.