About Me

My photo
Life is an adventure. Sometimes I yearn for boredom, yet it never comes. This is an account of my struggles & triumphs- my struggle to know God & understand the "why" behind it all. "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain" This is just me - learning to dance - sometimes gracefully, but most the time - stepping on my 2 left feet..

Sunday, June 12, 2011

We Made It!



Well nothing went like I planned -- but we are HERE!!!!!!! We had a major bump in the road on Friday, so although we still left at 4:30 - it was pm and not am. Oh well, at least we hit the bump before we left Florida. Things were going pretty well on the road - my hubby had decided to take a different route than last time to see if it would be a little faster & I think that it would have been - had we not taken a wrong turn in Mississippi. That little turn ended up costing us almost 4 hours. I was very proud of hubby though -- he really took it in stride. Just a year ago, a minor detour would have had him very upset - this one however; he took with a sigh and turned around. We decided "it's no big deal - we didn't have a specified time to be there tonight anyway" It was a sheer act of will to have a good attitude, but we pulled it off. By the time we arrived at the base it was after midnight and we were exhausted (22 hours of driving). I was a little less than amused when the clerk told us she didn't have us down for a "pet room" - we would have to go elsewhere. I took a deep breath reminding myself this wasn't her fault and explained that this happened last time we were here so this week we had called 3 times to verify the reservation -- 2 adults, 3 children, 1 dog - 90 days. She said she was sorry & I said I wanted to speak to a manager. "There's none available till Monday." I said "Call one". Long story short - we ended up in a one bedroom - where my son slept on the chair because they do not have cots. The base also neglected to tell us when you have an extended stay you pay 30 days upfront -- this would have been nice bit of information to have.

This morning I went to the office and all I could work out was we can move into a 2 bedroom on the 18Th - but they then have us in and out of the base all summer...UGH!!! My attitude really wants to just have a pity party at this point, but I don't have the time. Please pray for me tomorrow as I will finally get to speak to a manager in person. Pray for my attitude as I REALLY do not want to have a good one & pray that we get this resolved.

On a good note we did get to see my son. We saw him for approximately 45 minutes -- he lost his pass which made me sad yesterday - but today, I think it was much easier trying to deal with the whole situation minus one child.

I'm glad the day is winding down; I'm tired & ready to put the children into bed. I can't think about it anymore today...I'll think about it tomorrow....After all tomorrow is another day (insert Gone With the Wind theme music here)

Dancing wearily,

Amy

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a day. Hope it gets better. I would have been needing a straight jacket!! I do not handle things like that well. I have anxiety issues. I would have been having to take my "Oh my gosh" pills. You are very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue,
    Nothing wrong with "All my Gosh pills" -- there was a time in my life that I had them too. :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete